News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

New Church 32nd & Clinton

Started by Vic0218, August 05, 2009, 08:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonster

Quote from: Peridot 16 on February 17, 2010, 06:17:57 PM
bonster,
contrary to your comment, I don't shit on North Berwyn....it's all of Berwyn...just hoping that the mayor has enough juice to turn our city into a better place to live. Get business back in here, do something about all the emptiness on Ogden Ave. Get Berwyn back to a family city. Oh yeah, if I see someone that looks like a gang-banger, I'm going to assume he is.

Fair enough.  I'll take your previous crap of "north Berwyn" as a Freudian slip.

So just what exactly does a gang-banger look like? 
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Beans

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on February 18, 2010, 07:46:26 AM
I live basically right next to St. Leonard's and the train is a block away and MacNeal is also less than a block away.  Yes, there is a noise factor but not an intrusive one and basically we are used to the common noises from all three.  Once a year St. Leonard's has their Octoberfest (used to be fallfest) and they have live bands and it's quite loud.  No problem once a year.  But if I had to listen to that on a weekly basis I would be very less than thrilled.  I would not expect that from a church regularly and don't think anyone else should especially since there has never been that level of loudness before. 

BINGO!!!

Thank you MRS. NORTHSIDER.

Just wait 'till the weather gets warmer and they swing their doors and windows open - you think it's loud now... I'm telling ya, it's going to get worse.

These people are absolutely rude in addition to bringing in a bad element (rehabbing ex-cons...nice, thanks a lot).

They have no respect for the neighborhood.

Bonster,

"There is two kinds of music the good and bad. I play the good kind." - Louis Armstrong

There's some foul tunage leaking from that building. It'll wreck your sense of tonality if you're exposed to it for too long. Avoid it if you can.

bigolo

Quote from: Bonster on February 17, 2010, 01:28:41 PM
Quote from: bigolo on February 16, 2010, 12:17:53 AM
It is unfortunate that the "church" now has an "unfavorable" congregation. But thats the risk you took when you bought that lovely home next to the big church.
No it isn't.  I've never known a big church to draw an "unfavorable" congregation.  One may assume such a risk when moving by a commercial building, but all I've ever heard from large churches is choir-y music, usually in key.  I trust Beans as a musician on his assessment of the quality of their noise: 

Quote from: Beans on January 14, 2010, 09:49:31 AMEven their music sucks - that's the salt in the open wound.
;D
If you didn't notice my sarcasism by the quotes and parentheses, then man, i don't understand what you are talking about! But whatever! yes a church can and does indeed draw a "unfavaorable" condition! when the masses of the public don't agree on the religious beliefs of the congregation, the public is startled! to the point of no recognition. Fear is a practice given of the unknown! In other words, if you don't know "it" then you fear it! But thats not the case here!

"Noise" in the form of a short-lived teenage garage band can be dealt with.  Noise from a protected, institutionalized garage band cannot (apparently).

bigolo

Well, I was cut off here!
but to continue the thought;

Bonster

Quote from: bigolo on February 19, 2010, 12:09:13 AM
yes a church can and does indeed draw a "unfavaorable" condition! when the masses of the public don't agree on the religious beliefs of the congregation, the public is startled! to the point of no recognition.

Bullshit.  When one's religious beliefs are such that a particular parish exudes "unfavorable conditions" they don't move there in the first place.  These neighborhoods were built around parishes. 
Show me a neighborhood in this area that was built around a parish that others consider startling.  i.e. I highly doubt the Jewish folks in that area "feared" that once peaceful church when house hunting.  Now even Christians and Atheists are startled!

bigolo

Quote from: Bonster on February 19, 2010, 08:09:31 AM
Quote from: bigolo on February 19, 2010, 12:09:13 AM
yes a church can and does indeed draw a "unfavorable" condition! when the masses of the public don't agree on the religious beliefs of the congregation, the public is startled! to the point of no recognition.

Bullshit.  When one's religious beliefs are such that a particular parish exudes "unfavorable conditions" they don't move there in the first place.  These neighborhoods were built around parishes.  
Show me a neighborhood in this area that was built around a parish that others consider startling.  i.e. I highly doubt the Jewish folks in that area "feared" that once peaceful church when house hunting.  Now even Christians and Atheists are startled!

BONster!!!! What was the start of this thread? A group of people,in the neighborhood, that didn't like the the actions of a certain congregation in an old established church!!! I mean WTF??? There are times I wonder if you "read" what I read?!? If there are complaints about a certain organization that assembles in a building and "worship" a Deity that is not your Deity, and complains, then I have to wonder if that doesn't constitute a  "startling" situation! I'm not the originator of this complaint! just an observer I might add! Bonster, get your head out of your ass and read before you write! Gees, get a grip! I'm starting to think you are a grade A weirdo!!!! get off the computer for a minute and walk around our great town. You need to see reality....

bigolo

And I might add that these people didn't/haven't moved here! They are just visitors which makes this situation that more sensitive . As a result, it makes your point moot about communities being built around parishes. While I agree that is truth, It's just not the "truth" in this cirumstance! Get It???? I'm sure you will come up with some "malarky" about this or the other! But just remember, you heard this from Bigolo.... Brother!!!!

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: bigolo on February 19, 2010, 08:42:01 PM
And I might add that these people didn't/haven't moved here! They are just visitors which makes this situation that more sensitive . As a result, it makes your point moot about communities being built around parishes. While I agree that is truth, It's just not the "truth" in this cirumstance! Get It???? I'm sure you will come up with some "malarky" about this or the other! But just remember, you heard this from Bigolo.... Brother!!!!
Get it - got it Bigolo.  Just a little FYI from the homeowners around the "new church" at 32nd and Clinton.  You need to "tone" it down big time because the locals just aren't diggin' you like you had hoped.  What a drag!

bigolo

Sorry to have struck a chord, Mrs northsider! That wasn't my intention, however, I thought you resided close to me. 34th and whatever! O.k. whatever, I really don't have the energy to exasperate myself to fight this fight. To the people who reside in that part of town, God bless you! otherwise I guess I'll see you in Over The Rainbow, or Brando's. Hot diggatti! I'm out of this one! Too hot TOO hot!!!!

Bonster

Quote from: bigolo on February 19, 2010, 08:25:02 PM
BONster!!!! What was the start of this thread? A group of people,in the neighborhood, that didn't like the the actions of a certain congregation in an old established church!!!
BIGolo!!!! 
A group of people in the neighborhood DID like the the actions of a certain congregation in THE "old established church"!!!   
THIS is NOT an "old established church."

Quote from: bigolo on February 19, 2010, 08:42:01 PM
And I might add that these people didn't/haven't moved here! They are just visitors which makes this situation that more sensitive . 
Thanks for helping make my point!!!   ;)

I might add! Bonster, get your head out of your ass 
<echo, echo, echo, echo!> :D

I'm starting to think you are a grade A weirdo!!!!
You sound like my wife!  Trace, is that you?

buzz

A wierdo?
That's rather polite, don't cha' think Bonster  ?
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

frankvdv

Okay, found their "Business Card" on the wall at the 7-11 at 26th St & Oak Park Av.

Here is their email address from the card:

alcancevictoriachicago@yahoo.com

Pastor Ramon & Gloria Castro?

Found out BPD won't write noise tickets, as Mayor L. is in good with Cicero Town Pres. and their Victory Church!!

Hogzilla

Quote from: Bonster on February 18, 2010, 11:14:09 AM
So just what exactly does a gang-banger look like? 

Ever been to city hall?
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

~LL~

Quote from: frankvdv on February 23, 2010, 02:42:43 PM
Okay, found their "Business Card" on the wall at the 7-11 at 26th St & Oak Park Av.
Here is their email address from the card:
alcancevictoriachicago@yahoo.com
Pastor Ramon & Gloria Castro?

Found out BPD won't write noise tickets, as Mayor L. is in good with Cicero Town Pres. and their Victory Church!!

May we please know A.) how you 'found out' and B.) from who?  I think it would be wise to name names -- if this is true. Just sayin'...
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Beans

Q: "May we please know A.) how you 'found out' and B.) from who?..."

A: (Enter the sound of crickets chirping...)

Yeah, I thought so too. Thank you LL--Schmidt for calling out another troll.

frankvdv

My sources are religous...Talk to your local church leader, they'll know....

Beans

Quote from: frankvdv on February 25, 2010, 01:53:42 PM
My sources are religous...Talk to your local church leader, they'll know....

Whatever...

Next

Peridot 16

Quote from: Beans on February 18, 2010, 11:23:53 AM
Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on February 18, 2010, 07:46:26 AM
I live basically right next to St. Leonard's and the train is a block away and MacNeal is also less than a block away.  Yes, there is a noise factor but not an intrusive one and basically we are used to the common noises from all three.  Once a year St. Leonard's has their Octoberfest (used to be fallfest) and they have live bands and it's quite loud.  No problem once a year.  But if I had to listen to that on a weekly basis I would be very less than thrilled.  I would not expect that from a church regularly and don't think anyone else should especially since there has never been that level of loudness before. 

BINGO!!!

Thank you MRS. NORTHSIDER.

Just wait 'till the weather gets warmer and they swing their doors and windows open - you think it's loud now... I'm telling ya, it's going to get worse.

These people are absolutely rude in addition to bringing in a bad element (rehabbing ex-cons...nice, thanks a lot).

They have no respect for the neighborhood.

Bonster,

"There is two kinds of music the good and bad. I play the good kind." - Louis Armstrong

There's some foul tunage leaking from that building. It'll wreck your sense of tonality if you're exposed to it for too long. Avoid it if you can.

Well, the weather is nice, the doors are wide open, this congregation of "supposedly" reformed ex-cons, druggies and gang-bangers have no problem disrupting a quiet area. The music is blasted, along with the rhetoric,  and now they have something going on Friday and Sunday evenings. Now, if this is a truly Christian church, don't you think they would be more considerate of the area? Obviously, they don't care, and it seems that Lovero is too afraid to do anything about it.
Check out VictoryOutreach.com to see what this group is about. Reaching out to lost souls--in a poverty stricken area---I  don't think this is what Berwyn needs.
And there are still alot of folks that are not happy about this congregation.