New Church 32nd & Clinton

Started by Vic0218, August 05, 2009, 08:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~LL~

Quote from: Beans on August 31, 2009, 01:57:20 PM
Quote from: Ana on August 13, 2009, 10:21:49 AM
I just got a complaint today from one of my coworkers that lives in that area.  Apparently, the church-goers look like "punks" and they hangout in the area way later than they should and all over the neighbors' property.  Parking, needless to say, is a "HORRIBLE" definite problem.

Trust me, it's a freakin' nightmare.

The neighborhood calls the Cops almost every night.

So far our new 3rd ward alderperson has been unresponsive. Stay tuned...

The noise and loiterers are one thing; the parking problems for residents is another.  This group is not endearing itself to area residents.  Even so, I've really not observed a huge following there myself.  What days/nights are most active?
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Scouts Honor

"So far our new 3rd ward alderperson has been unresponsive."

How unfortunate.

Only John can drive somebody that crazy.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: Scouts Honor on August 31, 2009, 06:38:27 PM

How unfortunate.

It's a church that obviously recently changed denominations obviously - not a nightclub with new owners.  Parking is probably an issue because of the lack of a parking lot.  I have taken my children to Vacation Bible School at Concordia Lutheran around the corner throughout many years and yes, it's a problem there too at that time.  As far as the "punks" comment, I personally feel that religion is a good thing to be infused into some of these "punks". 

Was the actual building sold or is the church being rented out to this particular (Victory Outreach) group?

Blaming it on the new alderman doesn't seem right to me - she certainly didn't sell or rent to them.  Even the Mayor obviously is aware of the situation.  Hopefully, they will get the message that being a good neighbor is the right thing to do and the situation will be rectified in due time.

buzz

What do you want done ?  This doesn't sound like something we want to rush into.  We can't trample on any religious freedoms; so the choir can sing at any volume they like.  Can't restrict evening services either.
As for the loitering, how do you know this hasn't already been discussed with the Mayor and the PD ?
Parking ?  Wasn't parking a problem when the previous worshippers were in full attendance ?
I'd suggest calling the Mayor.  He did comment at a previous council meeting that he was aware of "problems".  Now, what's he going to do about the "problems" ???
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

Scouts Honor

how do you know this hasn't already been discussed with the Mayor and the PD ?

I know for a FACT that this is being taken care of by the mayor and BPD.

I was amazed that a resident of the 3rd ward was ignored by
the 3rd ward alderman in this high profile case that affected MANY 3rd ward residents.... Or not.

Why did the mayor and BPD have to do the 3rd ward's aldermans job?

Bonster

"I know for a FACT that this is being taken care of by the mayor and BPD."

Yeah, they're doing a great job, aren't they?

Ana: "I just got a complaint today from one of my coworkers that lives in that area. "
Beans: "Trust me, it's a freakin' nightmare.  The neighborhood calls the Cops almost every night."

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: Scouts Honor on August 31, 2009, 09:36:00 PM

the 3rd ward alderman in this high profile case that affected MANY 3rd ward residents.... Or not.

Ditto!!!!!!

Bonster

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on August 31, 2009, 09:53:10 PM
Quote from: Scouts Honor on August 31, 2009, 09:36:00 PM

Ditto!!!!!!

What would the alderman do, anyway?  You got it:  Go to the Mayor and the BPD!

buzz

Quote from: Bonster on August 31, 2009, 10:18:26 PM

What would the alderman do, anyway?  You got it:  Go to the Mayor and the BPD!

Thank You.
Of course if it was Nona, midnight stake-out, guns a' blazing, much much grand standing.  Hooplah too !  She'd be miffed, she would.
Yada yada yada.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

Bonster

Actually, she didn't do it, either.  The BFD broke that party up.

Ana

All's well that ends well.  Marge Paul is an excellent Alderwoman.  And my co-worker says it is quieter.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Beans

Quote from: Ana on September 01, 2009, 09:50:53 AM
All's well that ends well.  Marge Paul is an excellent Alderwoman.  And my co-worker says it is quieter.

Depends who you ask I guess.

Alderperson still MIA.

Victory Outreach: http://www.victoryoutreach.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBFHY7LMock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4VNtMZHfmI

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2007/august/16.40.html?start=1

"Victory Outreach is a ministry that exclusively reaches out to drug addicts and gang members.": http://www.rickross.com/reference/victory_outreach/victory_outreach1.html

~LL~

I believe there were problems with that 'church' again last night -- which PD was called upon to resolve - again. 
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

tgoddess

"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Beans

Quote from: LL--Schmidt on September 03, 2009, 11:53:20 AM
I believe there were problems with that 'church' again last night -- which PD was called upon to resolve - again. 

You are correct.

Nightclub atmosphere.

Scouts Honor

Damn...What a mess, legal and otherwise. How special of the
last church to sell to this organization and totally
shaft the neighborhood they served.

Bonster

Quote from: Beans on September 03, 2009, 10:07:09 AM

"Victory Outreach is a ministry that exclusively reaches out to drug addicts and gang members.": http://www.rickross.com/reference/victory_outreach/victory_outreach1.html

"ONCE VICTORY OUTREACH ENTERS A CITY WE WILL NEVER LEAVE THAT CITY"

Ana

They've obviously not confronted Berwyn types.   ;)
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

OakParkSpartan

It is a sticky problem.

City government can't really say "we don't like your religion, so get out". 
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Beans

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on September 03, 2009, 02:58:22 PM
It is a sticky problem.

City government can't really say "we don't like your religion, so get out". 

Absolutely true, that would be against everything we're about (American that is). However, at what point does a "church" cross the line and does not behave as a good neighbor and would risk not being able to do business in a town? How much say does a neighborhood have?