News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

STAY OUTTA THE POOL

Started by Classof67, August 25, 2009, 10:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Classof67

Perverting the purpose of the pool

August 11, 2009, 3:38 PM
Police were sent to a disturbance at the Berwyn Rec Center pool, 6501 31st.  Several employees met the officer and pointed out a middle-aged couple described as "behaving inappropriately, engaging in sexual touching and speaking in sexual innuendo." In public.  The officer observed the behavior for himself and reported seeing the pair swimming and "grabbing each other inappropriately"; he ordered them out of the water and explained the behavior was not permissible at the pool, as it is a public facility intended for family use.  The female subjected complied and left, but the male subject, according to the report, repeatedly stated that he did not have to leave and had done nothing wrong.  In addition, the report said, the male subject repeatedly yelled "KUVA!" at the officer; he then left the pool area but continued to loiter in the parking lot.  The officer asked him to leave four times, and got "KUVA!" in reply.  Jiri Spacil, 57, 2148 S. Elmwood, was arrested for criminal trespass to state-supported land.

What the heck does "KUVA" means? 

tony la

Sorry.....I could not resist The Kuvâ-i İnzibâtiyye (Ottoman Turkish: قوا انضباطيّه, literally "Forces of Order"; Turkish: Hilafet Ordusu, or "Caliphate Army") was an army established on 18 April 1920 by the imperial government of the Ottoman Empire in order to fight against the Turkish National Movement in the aftermath of World War I. It was commanded by Süleyman Şefik Pasha.

Tony LaMonica  Broker 1998 Hall Of Fame
Prudential RUBLOFF 708-795-5000
Director Chicago Association of Realtors
WWW.TONYLA.NET

~LL~

Quote from: tony la on August 25, 2009, 11:06:33 AM
Sorry.....I could not resist The Kuvâ-i İnzibâtiyye (Ottoman Turkish: قوا انضباطيّه, literally "Forces of Order"; Turkish: Hilafet Ordusu, or "Caliphate Army") was an army established on 18 April 1920 by the imperial government of the Ottoman Empire in order to fight against the Turkish National Movement in the aftermath of World War I. It was commanded by Süleyman Şefik Pasha.

So, do you think the perv was somehow dissing police officers by use of the term KUVA?  Urban dictionary sez "kuva" is a Finnish word for 'tatoo'.  ???  Maybe he was yelling, "Cuba" -- for some reason...???
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

tony la

I don't know.......a Turkish girl in my office just told me that kuva in her modern day Turkish dialect means...............bucket :D
Tony LaMonica  Broker 1998 Hall Of Fame
Prudential RUBLOFF 708-795-5000
Director Chicago Association of Realtors
WWW.TONYLA.NET

MRS. NORTHSIDER

I guess he never heard the old American saying - "get a room"!

Bonster

Yesterday as I was driving down 16th I noticed a couple making out right on the corner by Pryce Park (16th/Euclid).  They were just standing there on the sidewalk making out non-stop, with the guy's hands all over her bubble butt.  Now while that might have turned a perv like me on, I'm not so sure that was all too desirable a display for all the children in that park.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

The Jackal

Quote from: LL--Schmidt on August 25, 2009, 11:15:36 AM
Maybe he was yelling, "Cuba" -- for some reason...???

....or KURVA, if in fact the police officer was female and he indeed was Czech.

Berwyn Patsy

Yes, KURVA, have heard that word many a time, growing up
in the old neighborhood!
The old Polish and Czech ladies used that word a lot if they were mad
at someone else.

Scouts Honor

Yup, it is basically the K word for the C word
in several eastern euro dialects.
Only John can drive somebody that crazy.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: Scouts Honor on August 25, 2009, 07:37:53 PM
Yup, it is basically the K word for the C word
in several eastern euro dialects.
When he goes to court they will need a linguist to explain what he was alluding to.  But hey, it's Cook County, I'm sure they'll find a way to bill the taxpayers for it.  Anyway, I thought all the Czechs had deserted Berwyn for the comfort of Downers, Darien, Orland Park, etc. - guess I was wrong.

Ana

I think he meant to say kurva and  it translates to the C word or the B word.  Polish?  I was called that by one of my European tuckpointers thinking that I didn't know what he was saying, HA!  Hence, the reason I don't recommend them.  It's unfortunate because they did a good job.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

n01_important

Doubtful it's "Cuba"... there is no logic to screaming Cuba to a  :fiveoh: for kicking you out of the pool.  The name is not typical Hispanic.  Could be but I doubt it.

Did anyone get the girl's name?   :666:
Stupid fuck

Bonster

Quote from: n01_important on August 26, 2009, 06:57:57 PM
Did anyone get the girl's name?   :666:

LOL, no1!

I'm just gonna head to his pad and ask if I can "watch."     :o
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

A.Malina

"Kuva" was how it was recorded, multiple times, in the incident report, so that is how the blotter ran it; however, I believe Ana's impression is the correct one.
"I have never killed a man but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

Scouts Honor

Only John can drive somebody that crazy.

Vic0218

Probably not a lisp.....I've had trouble learning the few Czech words I know because I find that the individual sounds within words aren't very distinctive. At least that's how my American ears perceive it and I have to see the word written down first before I can figure out what letters are in the word.

I agree its probably kurva. Have someone who's Czech (or Polish) pronounce it. Sounded more like kuva than kurva to me.

"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened" - Cora Harvey Armstrong

The Jackal

The R in Kurva (Kooh RRRRRR Vah) is VERY pronounced.

If you've lived in the area for any appreciable time and aren't familiar with the word or haven't heard it spoken, then you must be living under a rock.

chandasz

According to my polish husband:

Kurwa means prostitute, Kurwa mac means "Oh, F!" or something like that

billyjean

Since the remark was made at the police, the better word would have been świnia  :oink: !, however, spot on would be directed to someone who is stinky, sloppy, and dirty.

Best pronunciation I can come up with is:  ShveenYA