News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

NEEDED DONATION: Beatles' Wigs for District 100 Play

Started by Juliet, May 03, 2005, 06:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juliet

We are costuming the District 100 play "Everything's Groovy."  We need to locate Beatles' wigs for 4 boys for the play, which is Friday May 13th and Saturday May 14th, and if possible beforehand for dress rehearsal.

We've been unable to find someone to donate the wigs in exchange for a full page ad in our Playbill, which will reach over 200 people each night.  The quotes we have for rentals is over $100, which we cannot afford.  Purchasing them outright is about $39 each.

If anyone can help us out, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.
Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.   Proverbs 22:6

Ana

You should try asking for a free rental from the Costume Shop that just opened or is opening on Windsor, just east of Home (I think).  They may be interested in the advertising since they are new in the neighborhood.  Good luck!
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Juliet

Unfortunately we tried the new costume shop.  That's where we have the rental quote from.  We weren't able to do a donation trade for an ad unfortunately.
Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.   Proverbs 22:6

Ana

Bummer, I guess they don't realize the kind of business word of mouth and local advertising can bring them.  If this is how they do business I can see them folding in about a year or so.   >:(
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Bear

Try Murrays partytime supply in Willowbrook (63rd & Rt 83) He rents as well as sells.
If that doesn't work try Party City in the plaza, you could buy a cheap holloween
witch wig and cut the hair beatleesq.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

markweiner

Worst case scenario Juliet, I will donate the money for the wigs. Feel free to contact me.  I do like the "by the witch wigs and cut" idea.

MarkWeiner1@Hotmail.com

joe

juliet -- try spencers!!!!!

I bought a really cool beatles type wig there a cfew years back, there is one in the north riverside park mall....if I can find the one I have I'll definitely let you borrow it...i'll look tonight!

and....to confirm my point on business owners not being smart......who in their right mind wouldn't donate a couple wigs for a program ad that would be seen by parents!!!  and it's for a school no less!!!!

Juliet

The other Mom called Murrays and they are over$40 each, I believe.  I am going to run the suggestions here by her today and see what we want to do.  The kids who play the Beatles are on for a short amount of time, but they are so excited that I think the authenticity would be very important to them.  I do hope it works out, because these are a fine group of kids who really have dedicated themselves to do the best they can.

I invite anyone who'd be interested in viewing the play to come to Pershing School (we are unable to have the plays at the LaVergne Education Center any more) Friday the 13th or Saturday the 14th.  The play begins at 7 pm, but since it's based on an area getting ready for a 60s concert, there will be button selling, face painting and other appropriate faire type activities for kids, as it would have been in that time.

Put on your hippie attire.  Tickets are $5 at the door on 37th street.