News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Safely Spooky October 24, 2009

Started by Jeff Janda, September 11, 2009, 12:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Janda

Children of all ages will have a "frightfully Fantastic" time at our popular Park District Event.  Pass by some "scary" scenes and receive candy or treats.  Take a hayride and enjoy the bonfire.  The first 200 children in attendance will receive a free pumpkin from the "pumpkin patch."  Costumes are definitely encouraged. Concessions and glo-products are available for purchase.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

5:00 – 8:30pm

Proksa Park

3001 S. Wisconsin Ave

Admission is FREE!

For more information call 708.795.2892 or visit www.berwynparks.org.

Jeff Janda

I would like to thank everone who attended, worked, volunteered, or sponsored the Safely Spooky event held at Proksa Park on October 24th.  The event had a gate count of 4,876 and ran from 5pm to 8:30 pm.  There were a large number of families and the costumes. The weather turned in our favor during set up and throughout the event. The hay rack rides were very popular as were the bonfires.  I would also like to thank the staff of the Berwyn Park District who provided an outstanding event for residents to enjoy, Berwyn Little League who ran the concession tent for the event, the Berwyn Fire Department, and the Berwyn Emergency Services Unit for all of their assistance in making this event possible.

Respectfully,

Jeffrey S. Janda, CPRP
Executive Director
jjanda@berwynparks.org

Robert Pauly

The thanks are due for you, Jeffrey - and your staff of wonderful people - from the kids who scared the crap out of my children and gave them nightmares (not really!) - to your hard working and ever present employees and board members.  It's my opinion that Safely Spooky is Berwyn's best run and most entertaining public event - talk about an event that creates positive impressions for Berwyn - even my family from out west makes the annual trek to the park.  And Proksa is a true gem - at any time of year - my family derives hours and hours of pleasure from every aspect of the park - from the ball fields, playground and preschool - even the new water fountain!

I'd like to also thank you on behalf of Berwyn CARES - we enjoyed participating in the event, and pledge our support for next year.

Thanks again for the fun and building a positive image for our town, and please express my compliments to your staff and board.