News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

N Class Router

Started by Guy_on_Clinton, September 16, 2009, 07:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guy_on_Clinton

i like to complain about my internet speed...
Last Result:
Download Speed: 791 kbps (98.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 327 kbps (40.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

but I'm wondering if anyone knows if i ditch my Linksys Wireless G for a new N... i might improve my experience.

Also, i only have one PC that is rated N...  all my other PCs are G... the N is backwards compatible, no?

thanks all
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

n01_important

Doubt it but the best way to find out is to plug your computer (yea I know, pain in the ass to haul it) directly to your modem/router.  That is max. speed you'll see with Ludicrous Speed Wireless Router.

Even though the G is rated at 54 Mbps, you might see 1/2 of it.  I would say, upgrade to N if several people use your wireless system and you are streaming video within your house (a drive has your movies and you stream to your Apple TV).

Your bottleneck might just be your internet connection.
Stupid fuck

Black Dog

I have kept an old AOL account for large file transfer,
they are the fastest by far.

OakParkSpartan

Unless you have one of the very high end packages, you are probably at less than 10Mbs for your DSL.  Since that is slower than the wireless, you will never max out the N or G.

However, I'd call your DSL provider and ask them to check the line.  I was having a lot of problems with the connection dropping and reestablishing itself to the tune of 20-30 times per day.  Contacted ATT, opened a ticket, and it cleared up.

Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato