Main Menu

10/14/2009 City Council Meeting

Started by Ted, October 10, 2009, 10:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n01_important

Quote from: Ted on October 12, 2009, 06:46:55 PM
Quote from: OakParkSpartan on October 12, 2009, 12:59:36 PM
That is correct Ted.

So they'll probably let it expire and then create a new one, which doesn't require Larry Dominick's approval.

This might not be that bad.  First, if the Cermak Road TIF district still has the $10 million dollars it had last year, ending the TIF district would bring the money back to the original taxing bodies. That may give the city a windfall in the millions of dollars, which could help the budget situation.

Second, the TIF could be re-formed WITHOUT having the school districts or park district be part of the TIF. I've often thought that the TIF districts should be just the city and township taxes and not take the school taxes.

So, maybe having a re-formed TIF district would work out well next year.

Ted

Interesting idea and worth investigating and debating it.  But is our current administration able to grasp such a concept?
Stupid fuck

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: Ted on October 12, 2009, 06:46:55 PM
Quote from: OakParkSpartan on October 12, 2009, 12:59:36 PM
That is correct Ted.

So they'll probably let it expire and then create a new one, which doesn't require Larry Dominick's approval.

This might not be that bad.  First, if the Cermak Road TIF district still has the $10 million dollars it had last year, ending the TIF district would bring the money back to the original taxing bodies. That may give the city a windfall in the millions of dollars, which could help the budget situation.

Second, the TIF could be re-formed WITHOUT having the school districts or park district be part of the TIF. I've often thought that the TIF districts should be just the city and township taxes and not take the school taxes.

So, maybe having a re-formed TIF district would work out well next year.

Ted
The taxpayers of Berwyn will not vote for more money for schools (specifically District 201) and we all know that District 201 is in dire straits in terms of money.  If the Cermak Road TIF still does have the $10 MILLION it had last year the portion that would go to District 201 is sorely needed and of course the city budget needs to be considered also.  I would consider this one a no-brainer.  Of course I'm just a resident and not a politician here in Berwyn.  I would like to hear their thoughts on this.