News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Virgin Mary Display - 23rd & Wesley

Started by Ted, October 10, 2009, 12:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Driving back from the post office today, I noticed a very ornate display on the southwest corner of 23rd & Wesley. A picture of the Virgin Mary was in the middle of the display - passing by it looked like a white layered fountain.

Anyone know what the display is about?  This is a private home, not a church.

Berwyn Patsy

I think I just read something about St. Odilo and the celebrating
of Our Lady of Guadalupe?  And a parade?

Thor

From the 3rd ward community letter that Alderman Marge Paul e-mails out. Does anyone else get this newsletter? Does any other alderman put out something similar? I swear this is the only alderman that is worth a sh*t.
http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=0013O44nMAtWfoUX73Kyo8J7oin5zDF0fkpNMzoIN0I6Q_ndmGfl8vAh014gpiMhMTDvJhFpUsMtRawdt3_LVDuWdEayT6yezlABMwAtgNgT3_-QTJAklzn84_x-ZgBrR6VeZ8fYz9RTR8%3D

Traffic Alert for Saturday October 10, 2009
St. Odilo Church Neighborhood
This Saturday marks the fist annual St. Odilo Parish procession honoring Our Lady of Guadalupe. 3rd Ward neighbor and parishioner Martha Marin has asked me to advise those of you living in the area that the outdoor procession will begin at 11:30 at the front of St. Odilo Church. The event is scheduled to conclude by 3:00 p.m.
The group will process west on 23rd to Clarence, south on Clarence to 25th, west on 25th to Euclid, then north on Euclid to 23rd and back to the church.
The Berwyn Police Department will block traffic along the route only for the length of time needed for the walkers to pass by. The procession is not expected to snarl traffic or prevent you from driving in the area.
Third Ward neighbors on Wesley and Euclid may want to start their Saturday errands earlier to avoid any inconvenience the procession may cause. On behalf of St. Odillo Parish, the Berwyn Police Department, and the procession participants, I thank you for your patience.
All are welcome to join in the procession.
Stop your whining and think the way I do