Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Satellite picture of Berwyn bank

Started by jqpublic, May 04, 2005, 11:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jqpublic

22nd & Oak Park, as seen from above.

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that.

markberwyn

That furniture store is much easier on the eyes from this angle.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Ana

Even from above it looks beautiful.  So, is it written in stone that it will NOT be demolished?  Everything I read concerning the building leads me to believe that there is still a slight possibility that it can be demolished if the City can't find a developer to take on the task.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

pkd50

It's not coming down, but it might as well if they put junk in there.  Take a look up and down Cermak.  No thought has been put into developing it into anything that anybody would travel to come to.  Is there a Cermak Rd Business Association?  The BDC has so far been totally inaffective. IMHO  (just learned that, thank you)

Ana

I think the outgoing administration has been bad for progress in our City.  The BDC may have had wonderful ideas in the past that were shutdown immediately by the BRDO as too expensive (so that they could line their pockets even more).  The new BDC agenda has some very progressive plans, when you get a chance it is worth skimming through.  If the IVB does half of what is set out in the plan, Berwyn will look very different in about 5-7 years, if not earlier.  I have a very good feeling about the future of our Beautiful Berwyn.   ;D
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

pkd50

Ana

jqpublic

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that.

markberwyn

Either it's the Spindle, or we don't have a new pope.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

jqpublic

Quote from: markberwyn on May 06, 2005, 08:51:50 AM
Either it's the Spindle, or we don't have a new pope.

Ya know, from that height those bird droppings look like ant droppings.