News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

4 a.m. Wakeup Call

Started by Ana, May 05, 2005, 08:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ana

We got a wakeup call yesterday from someone trying to get into our garage.  Believe it or not we just had an alarm installed about a week and a half ago from the Apex (Mormon Guys) Company that go door to door every summer.  We considered it last year, but decided against it.  This year we decided it was a must.

At abut 4:30 a.m. the alarm from the garage was setoff, my husband and I were running around like chickens with their heads cutoff because we had no idea what to do.  I turned on the driveway lights, he went to the back window looked out and the would be thief noticed him and started sauntering back to the alley empty-handed.  The police were here in minutes.    :o  The crime was foiled.  Yippee!! 

What a coincidence, though.  Makes you wonder.   :-\

So heads up everyone, the weather is nice and the natives are restless.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

ruffian

Do you have the telephone number, Art?  Maybe it's time to make the call.

ruff

kmcase

Art:  where do you live? 

Ana

3600 block of Wesley.  And Ruff, as usual, "What?"   ::)
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

ruffian

The telephone number to Apex

Ana

I'm so sorry Ruff!  I am always so defensive about your comments.   :-\   I will get the number for our salesperson for you later.   :)

ruffian

It's Ok, Art.  You seem to find me offensive.  That's OK too.  I hold nothing against anyone.  The forum is an opportunity to exchange ideas.  Sometimes your ideas are popular ... sometimes not.  I don't pre-analyze anything.  I just speak (shoot) from the hip.  I find many times that things I post with my basic no frills approach (where everyone disagrees) someone else posts again cloaked in a tepid mild version, and then everyone agrees.  Apparently, if you come right to the point in the forum you are perceived as a trouble maker.  I just prefer not to beat around the bush ... there are only so many hours in a day.

Ana

I don't think you're a troublemaker, most of the time ;) but since you can't hear tone when you type, I don't know how to take your posts sometimes.  Again, I apologize.  Your opinions in the raw are rather amusing, rather offensive other times, always honest and always welcome.  

Here's the number for our Apex Sales Rep, Brent Earl (801) 358-4648.  Try to get them out to your house early in the day because they try to install that very same day.  $99.00.