Well done, mr. admin guy (or girl)!

;)
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

T-Stan RPCV

Nice choice in topic categories.

saluki

Nice to see you on this board, Boris.

P.S.  I better not get too friendly or I might be accused of starting a "love fest" :)

hvychev

Hello again. :)  Maybe it will be a while before all the goof ballls find this site. ::)

markberwyn

A few of the goofballs from the old board might liven things up around here.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

keatdal

You're right MarkBerwyn.....this is dull!!

markberwyn

I think we may just have to wait until May 1 -- when the old board goes live again -- to get things closer to the way we're used to. It looks like a lot of people simply don't know that this place exists.

But it's probably worth pointing out that we're in a bit of a news-free moment right now -- nothing new on the Golden Steer beating, new administration hasn't taken over yet, etc.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Boris

When the old board goes up, I would urge everyone to stop using it, and use this one. There are many reasons for this, among them: SMF is better software, and threads are easier to monitor, I don't think anything short of pure obscene vulgarity will ever be removed, and the owner of the old Berwyn Board is a jerky-pants.

He supposedly is running a for-profit web site that includes a BBS, and he complains that he gets too much traffic??? Instead of realizing that he has an audience, and stands to capitalize, he gets pissy, and shuts the board down. He wants less traffic? I say "LET'S GIVE IT TO 'EM!"

grrrrrrUFF!

markberwyn

I realize now that my previous message might've led some people to think that we should go back to using the old board once it goes back up. No way -- nuts to that. What I meant to say was that when (if) the old board goes up again on May 1, I'd go back there and make note of this board's address as often and loudly as possible. (It might help to put the address of this board -- http://berwyntalk.com -- in the Web site field of your personal profile on the old board, so that the new address appears at the end of every post you've written there.)

Boris

Quote from: markberwyn on April 21, 2005, 09:02:18 AM
It might help to put the address of this board -- http://berwyntalk.com -- in the Web site field of your personal profile on the old board, so that the new address appears at the end of every post you've written there.

Mark- I like your thinking!

saluki

I agree with you both, markberwyn and Boris.  This board is much better and after all the nonsense on the previous Board, I'm all in favor of Jim's board and supporting it over the other.  At least this one won't ever "shut down".