News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Ipad?

Started by OICU812, January 29, 2010, 01:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OICU812

Anyone? or should we wait for the all secret laptop (ipad but better) thats supposed to follow?

n01_important

I like it... I think it's a game changer if they can get s/w developers to write (or rewrite) unique s/w for it.

I'll wait for the next gen... maybe one with a built in iSight.  I'm done buying in early... I have an old fat mac (512k) and gen1 ipod (with the click wheel).

The whole 3G subscription is a sham.  If you already have an iPhone, why can't you just tether to the iPad?!?!
Stupid fuck

OICU812

I will agree that they are gonna rack it up with that 3G subscib. You know suckers are gonna line up and throw money away for it by the bundles.

dukesdad

Quoteif they can get s/w developers to write (or rewrite) unique s/w for it

It'll run the 100,000 plus iPhone apps.......won't it?

n01_important

It will but if it stays that way... it makes the iPad just a iPhone with a big screen.

I'm not saying that isn't good but if it stays that way... it won't be a game changer.

To be a game changer, custom apps have to be written for it to capitalize on the iPad's features.
Stupid fuck

Hogzilla

In my opinion, I don't think it's going to be the hit they are expecting it to be. I could not read off that glossy screen without my eyes hurting after a 10 minutes. The Kindle is good because it doesn't have that bright glossy screen. It's a little too big to compete with the portability of the iPhone and too small to do any kind of computer apps. You can plug in a keyboard to it which has some merit, but still, I think the use for it is limited. It's nothing I feel a need to own. NOW, an Apple netbook would be sweet. A $400-600 netbook might be a seller for Apple.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

OICU812

Quote from: Hogzilla on January 29, 2010, 04:25:12 PM
NOW, an Apple netbook would be sweet. A $400-600 netbook might be a seller for Apple.

There are rumors that there is a netbook in the works. (of course capitalizing on the touchscreen )

Hogzilla

A touchscreen netbook would be a game changer. Hope the rumors are true.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

n01_important

Let's time tell who is right.

I'll buy one... although not immediately.
Stupid fuck

OakParkSpartan

Mac Book Air is what I want.  I want real OS X (unix) in that form factor.  I don't want to be tied into the app store (and I own an iPhone, so no bias there). 
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

dukesdad

QuoteMac Book Air is what I want

I take care of about 70 Macs at work. We have one and will forever have only one MacBook Air. It is a huge pain in the ass. I have wound up having to buy a optical drive for it and a USB/Ethernet adapter. Wireless only capability is just too limiting to use the Air as much more than a mail reader. Just my humble, experienced opinion.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: dukesdad on January 30, 2010, 08:09:22 AM
QuoteMac Book Air is what I want

I take care of about 70 Macs at work. We have one and will forever have only one MacBook Air. It is a huge pain in the ass. I have wound up having to buy a optical drive for it and a USB/Ethernet adapter. Wireless only capability is just too limiting to use the Air as much more than a mail reader. Just my humble, experienced opinion.

Hmmm...good to know.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

OICU812

Looks like it's Macbook pro for a bit.