News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

TONINI'S ITALIAN MARKET ****LATEST NEWS/SPECIALS/COUPONS****

Started by tlcnurse, March 16, 2010, 08:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonster

Quote from: pkd50 on May 07, 2010, 04:25:59 PM
I really wanted to sit outdoors and read the paper and eat. When I saw you didn't have tables out,  I drove down to Brando's, but they don't have outdoor seating either. 

So where did you end up eating your sandwich, in the car?  :D
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

pkd50

I took it home.  Next time I want to eat al fresco, I'll stay closer to home. 

Bonster

pkd50

I would have eaten at the train station, but I heard you can't buy single cans in Berwyn anymore

Bonster

tlcnurse

We will be having outdoor seating as soon as our fresco license is finished. It has been 6 weeks & I can't tell you what a mess it is to get the same exact license for the same exact amount of tables. You have to apply, pay the license fee, make a drawing of the tables & placement, measure the outside of the building, wait for the inspector to validate it, then wait for the license to come in the mail even though it is a big fat ditto of what we did last year. With all the aggravation I can see why other businesses don't even bother. Regardless we hope to have it within 1-2 weeks....before fall LOL

pkd50

Bonster

Quote from: tlcnurse on May 07, 2010, 09:33:16 PM
We will be having outdoor seating as soon as our fresco license is finished. It has been 6 weeks & I can't tell you what a mess it is to get the same exact license for the same exact amount of tables. You have to apply, pay the license fee, make a drawing of the tables & placement, measure the outside of the building, wait for the inspector to validate it, then wait for the license to come in the mail even though it is a big fat ditto of what we did last year. With all the aggravation I can see why other businesses don't even bother. Regardless we hope to have it within 1-2 weeks....before fall LOL

Geez, I thought this administration aimed to make it easier to run a business in Berwyn?  You know, the whole red tape thing?

tlcnurse

We did speak with the Mayor in regards to this redundant process & he did assure us that many of the policies & processes especially this one is being looked at. It really is a waste of time when it is essentially not a "new" license just a renewal. I still don't understand the whole measuring of the front of the building. You would think the city has all that information already. Well Rome was not built in a day & I am sure this process won't be corrected that fast either.

tlcnurse

We wanted to  send a special Thank You to several customers who sent us personal emails with wonderful compliments. We received a great compliment on the Hat Trick Kruncher, customer service & Italian Sausage from customers all the way from Iowa. So again Thank You for all your support!

Monday we will be back from vacation & perfecting our newest addition to Tonini's since the equipment has arrived. I will send out a post when it is perfected & we will be ready to sample.

tlcnurse

Mother's Day 5/9/10 @ Tonini's Italian Market we will be having a never before seen Homemade Italian Beef Special!

This Includes:     1 Lb of Italian Beef, gravy & 1 Loaf of Turano Bread for $9.99 Limit 1 Offer per customer per visit

We would like to wish everyone a very Happy Mother's Day!

seebee

Quote from: tlcnurse on May 07, 2010, 11:19:27 AM
Now keep your eyes posted I will be announcing the biggest addition to Tonini's Italian Market EVER in the next week!!!

All I can say now is it is NOT a sub & you won't find it anywhere else!!!!

...Monday we will be back from vacation & perfecting our newest addition to Tonini's since the equipment has arrived. I will send out a post when it is perfected & we will be ready to sample.

Hmmm...Anyone wanna play the guessing game?

Pasta maker?

seebee

Quote from: tlcnurse on May 07, 2010, 11:19:27 AM
All I can say now is it is NOT a sub & you won't find it anywhere else!!!!

...Monday we will be back from vacation & perfecting our newest addition to Tonini's since the equipment has arrived. I will send out a post when it is perfected & we will be ready to sample.

Better than "Borderline Edible" Chinese food?

tlcnurse

No not even close...We have pasta machines but that was a good guess. LOL

tlcnurse

We have our gelato made for us by New Dairy in Michigan. It is something you probably wouldn't expect to get at an Italian Market.

J'sMom

Quote from: tlcnurse on May 10, 2010, 10:56:20 AM
We have our gelato made for us by New Dairy in Michigan. It is something you probably wouldn't expect to get at an Italian Market.
Microbrewery?

tlcnurse

The first 2 prototypes came out so incredibly good we started sampling today. So come on in for a try! We hope to make an official announcement & begin selling this Friday.

seebee

Bonster