News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Nice Apartments in Berwyn

Started by Suedehead, May 06, 2005, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suedehead

Hey everyone, I'm still pretty new to the Berwyn but my younger brother is looking for an apartment and was asking what i would recomend in the area. He was looking at a place around 19th and Kenilworth but I don't know anything about the area or what the rental market is like as we've only been here a month and we own a house.

Any suggestions anyone? He's a good kid, 25 and a former Marine.

Thanks

Bru67

Have him look at the buildings at Stanley and Maple right by the Harlem Metra stop.  There's one on the northwest corner of Maple and another just east of Maple on Stanley.  I don't know how nice they are on the inside but it's a good location, right by the train and most important the James Joyce  ;D  I always see "for rent" signs there.  The tenants seem decent and I've never seen any signs of trouble there.  A lot of young people too it seems. 

hvychev

Suedehead just out of curiousity what do they want to charge him there? How many bedrooms?

Suedehead

I'm not sure. I'll post it when i find out though.

OakParkSpartan

Hi Suedehead,

We'd welcome him to the block.  Can you tell me which building he is looking at? West side of the street possibly?

The neighborhood is good.  We've been here 2 years now, and really like it.  People are friendly, the kids are mostly under control.

Private message me if you want more info.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Ana

There is an apartment for rent on our block.  West side of 36th and Wesley.  It is a converted bungalow (I hate to support this but I love to have decent people move into our neighborhood).  It is also owned by a realtor I believe.  It is closer to 37th but on 36th.  Good luck!
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby