News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Hawks and Bulls playoffs

Started by BRoWN, April 17, 2010, 01:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRoWN

Although they lost their opener to Nashville, the Blackhawks have a good chance to win the cup this year. The Bulls likely do not have a snowballs chance in hell to advance past the Cavs....then again.....they nearly knocked out the Celtics last year.

Thoughts?

BRoWN

Big Blackhawks game on NBC today!

Vic0218

That game was way too close for me. I'm a complete stressball. Even though they won!

Tuesday at Nashville it is.
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened" - Cora Harvey Armstrong

mustang54

Quote from: Vic0218 on April 24, 2010, 06:32:24 PM
That game was way too close for me. I'm a complete stressball. Even though they won!

Tuesday at Nashville it is.
I actually thought I was gonna get zapped by my defibrillator a few times!

BRoWN

The following is the schedule for the Blackhawks' second-round playoff series against the Vancouver Canucks. All times Central.

Games 1 and 4 will be on VERSUS with the remainder of the games televised on CSN.

Game 1: Saturday, May 1 -- 7 p.m. at Chicago
Game 2: Monday, May 3 -- 8 p.m. at Chicago
Game 3: Wednesday, May 5 -- 8:30 p.m. at Vancouver
Game 4: Friday, May 7 -- 8:30 p.m. at Vancouver
Game 5: Sunday, May 9 * -- 7 p.m. at Chicago
Game 6: Tuesday, May 11 * -- 8:30 p.m. at Vancouver
Game 7: Thursday, May 13 * -- 7 p.m. at Chicago

* -- if necessary

Additionally, games 1, 2, 5, and 7 will be carried on WGN radio; games 3, 4 and 6 will be on WIND-560 AM.

buzz

Thanks, where'd ya' find that ?
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

BRoWN

I think I found that at a Tribune Sports page. Not a good start last night. Hawks lost 5-1

LOL

I watched the game last night on the computer--this site was broadcasting a bunch of different games that you could choose from. The announcers were Candadian and there were no commercials, so it must be some sort of satellite feed. Fairly good picture, though. I was without a car and home without cable, so it was fine for me.

ngetv.net
The word gullible isn't in the dictionary?

BRoWN

DelNegro has been fired. Who should be the next bulls coach? Doug Collins, Kevin Mchale, Maurice Cheeks, Byron Scott, Lawerence Frank, Tyrone Corbin, Dwane Casey, Avery Johnson and VanGundy are some of the candidates. Anyone else? I like Kevin McHale

BRoWN

Quote from: LOL on May 04, 2010, 03:47:24 PM
I watched the game last night on the computer--this site was broadcasting a bunch of different games that you could choose from. The announcers were Candadian and there were no commercials, so it must be some sort of satellite feed. Fairly good picture, though. I was without a car and home without cable, so it was fine for me.

ngetv.net

nice find!   thanks.

mustang54

Quote from: BRoWN on May 04, 2010, 03:55:54 PM
DelNegro has been fired. Who should be the next bulls coach? Doug Collins, Kevin Mchale, Maurice Cheeks, Byron Scott, Lawerence Frank, Tyrone Corbin, Dwane Casey, Avery Johnson and VanGundy are some of the candidates. Anyone else? I like Kevin McHale
None of the above. Bring home Doc Rivers!

BRoWN

Quote from: mustang54 on May 04, 2010, 04:20:52 PM
Some of these guys are not available especially Doc Rivers...lol. If you're going say Doc....then I'm going to say Bring in Jerry Sloan.

mustang54

Quote from: BRoWN on May 04, 2010, 04:27:45 PM
Some of these guys are not available especially Doc Rivers...lol. If you're going say Doc....then I'm going to say Bring in Jerry Sloan.
Doc is not returning to the Celtics. Thats why I said him. He said he wanted a break to spend time with his family. Or was he insulted with a Celtics offer or lack of?

BRoWN

Quote from: mustang54 on May 04, 2010, 09:32:39 PM
Quote from: BRoWN on May 04, 2010, 04:27:45 PM
Doc is not returning to the Celtics. Thats why I said him. He said he wanted a break to spend time with his family. Or was he insulted with a Celtics offer or lack of?
oh ok. But thats not confirmed that he is leaving. He is still very young. He'll get his break after the playoffs. We'll see.

The Jackal

Doc Rivers is NOT young. He's in his late forties-48 I believe.

LOL

Let's get Phil back--he's looking to move and he's still got a few good years left in him!
The word gullible isn't in the dictionary?

BRoWN

Quote from: LOL on May 04, 2010, 10:35:21 PM
Let's get Phil back--he's looking to move and he's still got a few good years left in him!

We bring in Phil Jackson then we'll have a real good chance at attracting Lebron James too. Will we spend the $ for Phil? I doubt it.

Bonster

How do they lure a "top tier" coach - is Derek Rose enough?  They can't sell the job on what "might" be...they might get Chris Bosh, they'd sure like to get D. Wade, they dream of LeBron...  but they have a Paxson track record.

In terms of free agents it's a catch-22 of sorts.  They need a tenured coach to lure top tier players here.  I don't think Gar can sell the Bulls to a player with no idea who's going to be coaching them.  They certainly will not be luring anything close to LeBron with another coach with zero experience.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

mustang54

What makes you all think the Bulls are attractive to a big time coach or player? Lets see they have been through 5 coaches in 7 years now. Sounds like Morton football instead of a pro sports franchise. Michael Jordan,Scottie Pippen,Horace Grant and Phil Jackson have all been shit on by this organization. Not to mention Jerry Sloan,Chet Walker and Norm Van Lier. You think players and and coaches don't remember that? Plus with all the ex coaches they are still paying like the great Tim Floyd,Vinny,and who knows who else I can't see Reinsdorf coming up with big bucks for any coach.
  I see maybe Collins coming back to help out his ole pal Jerry with his son at his side and inheriting the job from Doug in a year or two. I heard Avery Johnson is not interested in coming here, and whats he ever won anyway?
To me I'd make Doc Rivers a big offer and if he doesn't take it I'd like to see Reggie Theus get a shot instead of a retread coach. Just my opinion.
  As for free agents. D Wade will stay in Miami. Bosh already said he wants warm weather if he leaves Toronto. I see him in Miami or Atlanta. As for Lebron he will go where Nike wants him to go. They pay him far more than any NBA team can. The Bulls will be left with what Reinsdorf cherishes most, a boat load of unspent cap cash!

Berwnite

I would rather watch K-12 B-ball, girls or boys ANYTIME
before I would watch a Bulls game or any NBA game for
that matter.