News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Hawks and Bulls playoffs

Started by BRoWN, April 17, 2010, 01:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

The Jackal

You can't possibly expect to lose BFUGLYIEN, Ladd, etc...and think you're going to adequately replace them with no names. The Hawks simply weren't deep enough, that's what won them the Cup last year, their 3rd and 4th lines....nor did they have the same grit this year...they got manhandled buy the Canucks when it mattered the most...not sure that happens with Big Buff on a regular shift.

mustang54

Quote from: The Jackal on April 27, 2011, 12:38:25 AM
You can't possibly expect to lose BFUGLYIEN, Ladd, etc...and think you're going to adequately replace them with no names. The Hawks simply weren't deep enough, that's what won them the Cup last year, their 3rd and 4th lines....nor did they have the same grit this year...they got manhandled buy the Canucks when it mattered the most...not sure that happens with Big Buff on a regular shift.
I agree with everything you said. They really missed Buff,and Ladd big time. Especially in this series where the big name players for both teams really did nothing. The games in this series were won or lost by each teams second and third lines.
This off season will be just as interesting as lasts. Their biggest problem in this series was the same problem they had all year. The defensman in their own zone blindly tossing the puck around to just get it out of their own zone. It looked like they had no breakout plays at all. They looked like a bunch of 7 year old mites all season long.

Bonster

All of that is true, yet all that considered they STILL had every chance to win this series.

I do not see this series win propelling Vancouver into some kind of momentous run the the Cup.  The Hawks exposed them, again, as being mentally weak, and the Sedin sisters are nothing but finesse-oriented.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

mustang54

Quote from: bonster on April 28, 2011, 11:00:33 AM
All of that is true, yet all that considered they STILL had every chance to win this series.

I do not see this series win propelling Vancouver into some kind of momentous run the the Cup.  The Hawks exposed them, again, as being mentally weak, and the Sedin sisters are nothing but finesse-oriented.
I agree. Vancouver could have big trouble with Nashville. That team is better than people think. They also have a better goaltender. I also can't see Vancouver getting by Detroit if the meet them. Lord Stanleys Cup will still stay on the south side of the hockey border. I'd like to see the Caps win it all.

The Jackal

Robert Pauly

5 more wins and the Bulls are at 71.  Current Cub run rate is 70.

Just saying.

The Jackal

The Bulls won 61 games in the regular season. Cut your crap and go find a way to play pattycakes with Lovero, but DEMAND Pesek resign...don't forget that! LOL!!!

Robert Pauly

And Christmas is on the 24th.  Recheck the standings - your recollection is fading.