News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Commercials

Started by Mr. Daniel Lumis, April 19, 2010, 03:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Daniel Lumis

Anyone interested in a thread dedicated to the joy of television commercials?

BRoWN

Mr. Daniel Lumis

They have updated the lady who has fallen and cannot get up (tm) commercial. It now features a helpful overhead map of her home, showing you where she is in a maze of helplessness. She's nowhere near the phone. It looks like a video game from the 80s. Help her find her way out!

By the way, if you ever call this number and give them "your" name and number, they will relentlessly call "you" at 7 or 8 am to help you obtain their services. Trust me.

Guy_on_Clinton

i'm tired of "FIVE....FIVE....FIVE DOLLAR FOOTLONG"

...  because you go there... and it costs 7.45 for the sub,chips, & drink..
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

scottymac

On the topic of "I've fallen and I can't get up":Has anyone seen the spot for the extended shoe horn?

I thought it was a joke at first because it's voiced over by Gilbert Gottfried(sp) and he comes out saying,"bending over to tie your shoe can be hard work!" All the actors who cant manage to get their shoes tied are all seasoned citizens. And at the end GG goes something like, "it's not just a shoehorn....it's a shoehorn on a stick!"

And of course you know the price; $19.95.

n01_important

Quote from: Guy_on_Clinton on April 20, 2010, 07:04:25 PM
i'm tired of "FIVE....FIVE....FIVE DOLLAR FOOTLONG"

...  because you go there... and it costs 7.45 for the sub,chips, & drink..

looks like you are a sucker for "upselling".   ;)
Stupid fuck

Mr. Daniel Lumis

One thing I'll say about the Subway five dollar footlong ads is this: Freud would be so proud!

I have not seen the extended shoehorn, although it is an old idea. But everything can be recycled into a new idea with the right packaging. Not sure about GG though. Hard to take him seriously.

tgoddess

"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Mr. Daniel Lumis

Quote from: tgoddess on April 21, 2010, 01:39:16 PM
Shoedini!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBPAQ6CJvTo

This commercial could serve as a mini-documentary about how horrible modern life in the United States is. These are our problems today. You can't bend over to put on your shoes because it A) hurts so much and B) wrinkles your shirt. The rest of the world must be weeping. Here's my question: If I cannot bend over to put on my shoes, how the heck am I going to get my socks on? Is there a device for that or is that why people have children?

Mr. Daniel Lumis

Quote from: scungili on April 21, 2010, 02:31:44 PM
what about the Booty Pop!

http://www.youtube.com/v/d4EvVErNhVE&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Awesome! I had a pair of these but every time I dropped them on the floor they went "klunk"

Mr. Daniel Lumis

Right now my favorite is for Senior Life Insurance Company, which notes that "If you are between the ages of 0 and 85" you should call right now to get a quote. At least they don't age-discriminate.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: Mr. Daniel Lumis on July 30, 2010, 03:26:52 PM
Right now my favorite is for Senior Life Insurance Company, which notes that "If you are between the ages of 0 and 85" you should call right now to get a quote. At least they don't age-discriminate.
My favorite insurance commercial right now is the Geico one with Lee Ermey as the drill sergeant as therapist.  It pretty much summarizes my feelings for a good portion of the population nowadays.

RockabillyMillie

Currently:

Fav. commercial: the series of Geico ones with the daddy-o lookin guy asking all the rhetorical questions... "Was Abe Lincoln honest?" "Does Elmer Fudd have trouble with the letter R?" etc

Least fav. commercial: the AAMCO ones where its a string of people making really obnoxious sounds in an extremely annoying attempt to imitate the noises their POS cars make... UGH, STFU!

Mr. Daniel Lumis

Peter Francis Geraci seems like a nice guy, what with his free <<info tapes>>(tm) and all...

Berwyn Patsy

I love the AFFLACK one with the duck who's just burned his foot, and is hopping
across the picnic table only to see a roasted chicken being cooked by the guy from
the food network program!

Crunchie

Quote from: Mr. Daniel Lumis on August 23, 2010, 12:54:48 PM
Peter Francis Geraci seems like a nice guy, what with his free <<info tapes>>(tm) and all...
Except that the info tape have no useful info whatsoever. They are merely testimonials to how wonderful PFG is.

Mr. Daniel Lumis

"Cermak Auto Auction" commercials are great. According to the ads, you can get "brand name" automobiles at really low prices! This shows you how bad things are in America, when the prices on brand name cars start to compete with those for the generics.

PamF

My current favorite is the Geico woodchuck commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjGwusHrOtk

Mr. Daniel Lumis

Safe Auto is starting to annoy me with its humanoid version of the Geico gecko, "Justin Case." Of particular concern is the one featuring the woman who won a spot on their commercial by proving her ability to do the Safe Auto dance or whatnot. As I understand it, she wins the spot on the commercial, but instead of highlighting her, the script forces her to compete with "Justin Case" (you know, Justin can do anything). She is then soundly demoted on national television when Justin comes out dancing like Michael Jackson (including the glove). She is forced on national television to admit that despite having "won" this contest to appear in the commercial, Safe Auto has positioned her to lose. Big time. Imagine her humiliation when she discovers she's been had. It's really all about Justin. Again. She looks at him and says: "Oh, Crap!" This is supposed to make me want to buy insurance through them. Now if she, on the other hand, had punched him square in the jaw, knocking out a few teeth in the process, I may have switched to Safe Auto. Also, if she would have beat him with a large salami until a major artery popped, that would have worked as well, but he'd still need to lose a few teeth or I wouldn't do it.