News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Anyone lose power?

Started by Bonster, June 23, 2010, 07:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonster

Wife says we're without power - 1300 block of OPA

Even side only  >:(
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

~LL~

2600 blk/Clarence.  Lightening struck ComEd pole in alley behind me -- twice!  Yikes.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

pkd50

Was in Hodgkins WalMart and they locked the doors and had everybody move to the center of the store until the sirens stopped.  I did some impulse shopping while I waited.

rbain

We're out- 2200 block of Clarence. But St. Odillo has lights.
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

NYWREB

28th St - 26th street between east and ridgeland seems to be out.  South side of 28th st. is fine.

J'sMom

No Phone. 3rd ward near tracks.

Bonster

Crap. Can't get into the garage & the wife's car is stuck inside, LOL. Looks like she's taking the train 2morrow.

Bonster

Power restored around 2am here. 
Harlem was dead from Roos to Cermak, OPA was dead north of the CN tracks.
Areas south of 34th are still down. 
Forest Park got hit hard.

Ted

East of Ridgeland between Ogden and the tracks still without power for 12 hours now.  WIthout the sump pumps going, water has started to come up through the drain pipes in the basement.

rbain

Our power. Just came on at 6:45.
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

Homebody

I just posted information by Robert Schiller, Berwyn Public Works Director, under the "Flooding" topic. Please pass it on to neighbors who may not read BTF or who may not have power or phones. Thanks, Marge

Diona

Monday night's storm we lost power for over 5 hours.  That was Cermak & Elmwood.

Our power did blip out 2 times last night, but thankfully it stayed on.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Homebody on June 24, 2010, 10:17:15 AM
I just posted information by Robert Schiller, Berwyn Public Works Director, under the "Flooding" topic. Please pass it on to neighbors who may not read BTF or who may not have power or phones. Thanks, Marge

I pinned your message at the top of the Current Events Board.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

buzz

3400 block of East lost power at 6:15 p.m
We got power back at 9:15 a.m. today.

I went out after the storm to check on some neighbors.  When I got home 2 of my neighbors were at my house checking to see if I was alright ! :o
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

~LL~

Quote from: buzz on June 24, 2010, 12:40:19 PM
We got power back at 9:15 a.m. today.

I went out after the storm to check on some neighbors.  When I got home 2 of my neighbors were at my house checking to see if I was alright ! :o

Still don't have power on east side of 2600 blk/Clarence.   Really cool how people were concerned and checking on each other.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

buzz

Quote from: buzz on June 24, 2010, 12:40:19 PM
Looking back, this was all very odd.  At 6pm the opener on Ch.7 News was a weather warning that Oak Brook was experiencing severe weather and they were tracking it moving toward Oak Park and Berwyn.  Yes BERWYN !
Our warnings/sirens didn't sound til at least 6:10, and then not for a very long time, maybe 5 minutes.  Is my time frame accurate ?  Was anyone else clocking it ?
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

psychomom

There were 4 of us in my house and we honestly did not hear any sirens...2500 block of Euclid
"He who opens a school door closes a prison"

Victor Hugo