News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Flooding

Started by billyjean, June 23, 2010, 08:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonster

Quote from: LetsGoThrow on July 01, 2010, 12:08:08 AM
Got 18 inches in the basement last week. None of my garbage was picked up today.  Not even the regular bin.  One street over is totally cleared... so much for following the rules.  Thanks, WM!

Forest Park provided dumpsters on the streets for folks to get rid of their crap:

Tragically the recent heavy storms experienced in the Midwest brought with it a lot of property loss and damage due to flooding conditions. Unfortunately Forest Park was not spared, especially those homes south of the I-290. As a result, many homes will need to dispose of personal possessions. The Village has strategically placed dumpsters at the following locations for your use: 15th Street, 14th Street, 13th Street, Fillmore just east of Circle & Lexington just east of Circle. Please feel free to discard your debris in the dumpsters. If you have any questions, please call Village Hall at 708-366-2323.

http://www.forestpark.net/index-Home.html

Mus' be nice.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

OakParkSpartan

Had the city not transferred the 15% property tax increase to the unions, the taxpayers could have received some benefit from their money.

Oh well.  This is what people wanted...waste and fiscal recklessness.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Homebody

I received this yesterday from Director Schiller. I can tell you that the plan was not finalized until Tuesday around 4:00 p.m. Two great neighbors helped me pass fliers out Tuesday night in the most flooded section of the 3rd Ward. We were out from 6:30 until 10:00 p.m. ringing door bells and advising neighbors of efforts being made the following day to clear the debris.Our ususal garbage pick-up is Wednesday and Thursday.

On Wednesday, many neighbors helped load debris into the Waste Management trucks to help clear the alleys. There was so much debris in one alley that 3 garbage trucks had to be used. The two dumpsters that I am aware of that were placed by the City were immediately filled.

The alleys in the 3rd Ward looked pretty clean as of Thursday evening. Some spots were missed. Reason for this unknown. Under the circumstances, it was a good job. Marge

Dear Residents,
The City is assisting residents by removing any item(s) that were not picked up by your garbage hauler
on your normal pickup day. We have prioritized the areas starting with the hardest hit. Areas in the
third and seventh wards bounded by the BNSF tracks, Harlem Av., Oak Park Av. and Cermak Rd.
were completed. On Friday July 2nd, crews will focus on areas in the fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh and
eighth wards from Roosevelt Rd to Cermak Rd. and from Harlem Av. to Lombard Av. Additionally,
the area bounded by the BNSF tracks to 26th St and from Oak Park Av. to Lombard Av. will also have
Public Works crews clearing alleys. Saturday crews will work in the first and second wards after their
regular garbage pick up on Friday has been completed. Crews will work in this area on Saturday
bounded by the BNSF Tracks, Harlem Av., Pershing Av. and Lombard Av. Any areas not completed
by Saturday afternoon will be collected on Tuesday July 6th.
Additional dumpsters will be placed sporadically throughout the City and posted with a printed paper
stating "FLOOD DAMAGE" for residents to dispose of additional items leftover from the floods.
Please watch for additional information as it becomes available.
Robert Schiller
Public Works Director
City of Berwyn
Ph. 708.749.4700 ext.3300
Fax 708.749.9503

Homebody

"June 29, 2010
Re: Recent Rain Storms / Special Garbage Pick-Up
Contrary to reports of some misleading information, the City of Berwyn is aggressively organizing a
special garbage pick-up designed to aid residents in recovering from flooding damage suffered last
week. This pickup will be in addition to the normally scheduled removal and will not result in any
additional fees for garbage removal services. Please rest assured knowing the Mayor, City
Administrator, and Public Works Director are tirelessly working to finalize this special garbage pickup
for you." Posted on the City of Berwyn Web Site

This really upsets me. I saw this statement when I was in Brian Pabst's office Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. and I asked him to pull it. The statement was written by another department head.

The only source of "misleading information" was the City of Berwyn. I and other Aldermen tried to get correct information out to residents as fast as we could. There was a lot of confusing information being handed out by City employees when residents called the City offices for information. There was a lack of coordinated information coming from the City to Aldermen. Marge

Bonster

Marge, there WAS misleading information.

One of their own (DCOB ppl) posted such here:
Quote from: Regularguy on June 26, 2010, 07:19:22 PM
Why do 3rd ward peoples not understand? Rules
are same for everyone elses year round, just not because of water.

Cheers,
Stanislov

Mr. Schiller merely wanted to let folks know there are other efforts to resolve the situation caused by the conspirators.

;D

It sounds like the house is in disarray.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

buzz

Quote from: Rt. 66 on July 02, 2010, 01:55:17 PM

It sounds like the house is in disarray.
Yep.  That is of course until a vote to increase union/patronage pay and benefits comes up.  Then they all manage to fall in line with perfect harmony to support the spending.  Kinda' like synchronized swimming.
Only 1 alderperson, 1 alderperson, gets it !  Thanks Marge.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?