Main Menu

Oktoberfest 9/17 and 9/18

Started by truman40, August 05, 2010, 10:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

truman40

Shop Local
www.the350project.net

OakParkSpartan

Holy shit!  No crappy Journey cover band?

Glad to see they improved the quality of entertainment.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

truman40

Brian Brian Brian, you just had to start the debate  ;)
Yeah I gotta thank the Committee for trying some new musical acts out this year. Although I also gotta say that there are allot of Infinity fans out there, even though I'm not one of them. I just hope we have a nice turn-out and that people give these new acts a warm welcome. I especially like 16 Candles and if you never heard them do come out on Friday and check them out.
Still working on the Children's entertainment but so far we have Pocket Circus, Damen Ave Puppetier, The Riverside Theater Guild as well as booths by Brookfield Zoo, The Chicago Rush, the various schools in Berwyn and much much more.
So set aside Sept 17th & 18th and join us for Berwyn's premiere event (my opinion) and best of all its all free.
Shop Local
www.the350project.net

Diona

Looks nice.

Maybe we will go check it out for the first time on that Saturday the 18.  :)

Homebody

Haven't looked at the line up. I heard that the Velvet Jimis were booked. I caught this band at Fitzgerald's in July and really enjoyed their music. Marge

Robert Pauly

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on August 05, 2010, 10:28:54 AM

Holy shit!  No crappy Journey cover band?

My grandma's going to be pissed.

treeguy

BOOOOO-URNS!!!   >:(

Infinity rules!  I guess I'll have to see them at Laurentana instead. 

scottymac

That's not a bad line up. Joanna Connor can wield that axe as good as some of the boys. If you have never had a chance to see her at Harlem Ave., definitely check her out. Does she still live in the area? I know she has performed a couple of benefit type things for Pershing school in the past.

Ol' Buzz always puts on a pretty good show too.

Velvet Jimis? Don't know 'em, but sounds like a good time.

scungili

Wow!  Joanna Connor ... Very nice!

wrng sde a da tracks

just a note     the only reason "that crappy journey cover band" is not at oktoberfest is because they were already booked to play LaGrange Rock-tober fest the !8th. There is no way Buzz that will outdraw Infinty!  Berwyn again on the short end of the making money stick

truman40

In my opinion it is not really very pertinent why Infinity is not playing this year at Oktoberfest. Fact is Infinity is a good band with a big following and i am sure there is and will be plenty of opportunities for their fans to see them this year. I would rather focus on the bands we do have, on the fest as a whole. The Special Events Committee works very very hard to pull off this fest, we literally start planning for the next year's fest weeks after the current one is over.
I believe we have a good line-up considering our budget and there is something for everyone. If someone decides not to attend our festival because we don't have a certain band that is their right. But I believe this will be a fun time for those who decide to come out and eat some great food, entertain their kids with some outstanding family entertainment, bring their pooch(s) out to the Dogtoberfest and best of all enjoy some free musical entertainment all in a safe and local environment.
Shop Local
www.the350project.net

Bonster

Quote from: wrng sde a da tracks on August 09, 2010, 06:13:45 PM
just a note     the only reason "that crappy journey cover band" is not at oktoberfest is because they were already booked to play LaGrange Rock-tober fest the !8th. There is no way Buzz that will outdraw Infinty!  Berwyn again on the short end of the making money stick

So it's all about beer sales to blithering lame 80s idiots and not the fest, gotcha!
Aww, hell, let's invite a Slayer tribute and whole different host of drunken blithering idiots. 
How 'bout Beatallica?  ;D

Buzz will be just fine.

Want to sell more beer?  Get some good fcking beer fer cryin' out loud, like at Oktoberfest.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

BRoWN

Ha....lets review a thread I commented in last year.....

http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=8406.40

I suppose organizers really listened to what we had to say and made some excellent adjustments. Joanna Connor ( uh huh..a Blind Pig/Alligator artist) will completely destroy Infinity.

So, wheres my finders fee?

have fun at the fest everyone!

The Jackal

I don't mind Infinity, but judging by some comments here, one would wonder how any towns fest makes any money if Infinity isn't playing there. Or is Berwyn just inescapably stuck in a time warp?

rbain

...Or is Berwyn just inescapably stuck in a time warp?...
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: rbain on August 10, 2010, 08:03:27 AM
...Or is Berwyn just inescapably stuck in a time warp?...

Some are.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

NYWREB

Ok, I think there's already a typo.  The webpage says Friday from 6-9, but the last band plays from 8:30 - 11. 

truman40

Quote from: NYWREB on August 10, 2010, 08:41:46 AM
Ok, I think there's already a typo.  The webpage says Friday from 6-9, but the last band plays from 8:30 - 11. 
Got it, thx
Shop Local
www.the350project.net

scungili

Quote from: Rt. 66 on August 09, 2010, 06:41:21 PM
Want to sell more beer?  Get some good fcking beer fer cryin' out loud, like at Oktoberfest.

Any word if there'll be any decent beer?  Or is it a Miller function?

Peridot 16

How about adding Siegal-Schwall Blues Band? Now that might be to much of a strech, but Corky Siegal(harmonica),Jim Schwall(guitar)jeez the Depot would be rockin'.